At Prysmian, our global workforce is valued for its knowledge, skills and expertise. Each of us is unique, but united by our drive to succeed. Working with shared values to achieve our goals together.
Together we made it happen so far, and together we can even in the next steps succeeding in writing new chapters of our history to achieve a brighter tomorrow for us, for our Group and for the communities in which we operate.
Sustainability is in our DNA and is an integral part of our business across the Group’s entire organization. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a key part of our Sustainability commitments. Our goal and commitment is strengthen our inclusive culture worldwide where all our employees are supported professionally in order to grow and where there are no obstacles based on their race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, origin, citizenship status, socio-economic status, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, parental leave, medical conditions, or any other characteristic.
Each stakeholder is unique through their differences and this unity bring us together through full engagement and focusing on development of all stakeholders (employees, customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders), where everyone can feel safe, heard, seen, respected, engaged, motivated and valued, for who they are and for their contributions toward organizational and social goals. Inclusion only happens when the diversity of an organization is fully leveraged through equity.
Since 2016, Prysmian Group has therefore continuously expanded its activities in the area of Gender Equality and taken below actions:
- Official Launch of Side by Side, our Diversity & Inclusion Project at global and regional levels
- Creation of the Group Diversity Workstream, Core Team, and Local Partners
- Global Strategic Recruitment Programs and Official Gender Balance Targets
- Women Leadership Program
- DE&I in our Engagement Survey
- DE&I as a main function in the Group
- Global Diversity Recruitment Policy
- Diversity as one of the Leadership Principles in the new Leadership Model
- Review of Potential Drivers in P4 to reduce biases
- Dedicated pages for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Global and regional workshops on topics such as gender, allyship, inclusive leadership, and inclusion
- Global Parental Policy and Baby Bonus
- DE&I Performance Indicators
- Gender Pay Gap Action Plan towards Zero Gender Pay Gap in 2030
- Global Anti-Harassment Policy and training
- Back-to-Work support for new parents including Day Care and Lactation Rooms in some locations
- DE&I Digital Trainings
- Global Digital D&I Week
- Signing UN WEP
Prysmian Group continue enlarging its actions in work-life balance in order to open up new career opportunities, especially for women. The measures range from childcare and the return guarantee after parental leave to flexible working-time models and part-time work, also available for managers.
As of December 31, 2022, the Group has increased the proportion of women:
- in the total workforce to 19.2%, with a 2030 target of 25%
- in women recruitment of desk workers to 44.9%, with a 2030 target of 50%
- in women in all management positions over 24,3%, with a 2030 target of 30%
To achieve these objectives, Prysmian Group is further committed to
- Focus on Gender Equality and Diversity in Recruitment.
- Empowering women Executive Positions and creating a Pipeline.
- Increasing Race and Ethnicity Representation in Executive Positions.
- Providing better inclusion of all the workforce members through digital connection and innovative solutions for adoption.
- Upskilling and reskilling through blended learning and development programs, such as Internal Job Posting, individual development plans, Leadership Programs, Women in Leadership Program, Job Rotations, flexibility, internal job across functions, global mobility, etc.
- Fostering the wellbeing of all employees, as well as working and remuneration conditions.
- Ensuring equity is the guiding principle for our systems and processes - both formal and informal.
Valerio Battista, CEO Prysmian Group